IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 4, 2014 – Haskell & White LLP announced the promotion of seven talented accounting professionals in a move that will give the Irvine-based firm a strategic advantage in Southern California.
Haskell & White, one of the region’s largest independently owned accounting, auditing and tax consulting firms, is an advocate of internal organizational growth, which strengthens and builds consistency across the firm’s Tax and Audit and Business Advisory teams.
“Haskell & White is proud to advance our dedicated accountants who contribute to our innovative and distinguished work environment,” said Wayne Pinnell, managing partner of Haskell & White. “The fact that Haskell & White has so many accomplished individuals to promote highlights our culture of providing excellent opportunities for our firm members to grow in their profession.”
Haskell & White’s new promotions include the following professionals:
• Tim Titchenal, CPA, of Santa Ana has been promoted to senior manager in the Tax department. Titchenal has more than eight years of experience in tax compliance and consulting services for small to middle-market corporations and pass-through entities within the real estate development, real estate investment, manufacturing, retail and service industries. He earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, and a master of science degree in taxation from Golden Gate University.
• David Brownstein, CPA, of Irvine has been promoted to manager in the Audit and Business Advisory Services department. With more than five years of experience in public accounting, Brownstein facilitates the completion of financial statement audit projects by thoroughly preplanning the audit and maintaining a proactive approach throughout the engagement. He graduated from Tulane University with a bachelor’s degree in finance and a master of accounting degree.
• Ben Heinrichs, CPA, of Santa Ana has been promoted to manager in the Tax department. With more than four years of experience in public accounting, Heinrichs serves companies primarily in the manufacturing, distribution, medical device and investment industries. He earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Chapman University.
• Cory Birkhauser, CPA, of Costa Mesa has been promoted to a senior in the Tax department. Birkhauser serves clients primarily in real estate and works on trust and estates. He graduated from University of California, Los Angeles with a bachelor of science degree in mathematics and economics. He earned a juris doctorate degree from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago and a master of law degree in taxation from Loyola University.
• Brittany Hoffman, CPA, of Aliso Viejo has been promoted to senior in the Audit and Business Advisory Services department. With more than five years of experience in accounting, Hoffman works with a wide variety of clients at Haskell & White, including life science, consumer electronics, fuel systems and nonprofits. She graduated cum laude from California State University, Fullerton, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting.
• Harrison Christensen of Hacienda Heights has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Audit and Business Advisory Services department. The advanced role will give him an opportunity to train new staff at Haskell & White, in addition to his expanded duties. Christensen has worked in such industries as hospitality, manufacturing and real estate. He also works in the firm’s SEC practice, serving many of the firm’s publicly traded clients. He received a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting from California State University, Fullerton.
• Phillip Christensen of Huntington Beach has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Tax department. He works with many of Haskell & White’s real estate clients, and also serves clients in manufacturing and distribution. Christensen joined the tax team in August 2012 after graduating summa cum laude from Houghton College in New York, where he was named Business Student of the Year by the Houghton College Business Department.
About Haskell & White LLP
Haskell & White LLP is one of the largest independently owned accounting, auditing and tax consulting firms in Southern California, servicing public and private middle-market companies. With locations in Irvine and San Diego, Haskell & White combines the expansive services, knowledge, experience and reach of national and international accounting firms with the personal attention, responsiveness and value of a local organization. Haskell & White works with companies in a broad range of industries including real estate, manufacturing, distribution, life science, technology, and retail. The firm provides solid expertise and services to its clients in the tax and audit disciplines, including advising SEC registrants and consulting on mergers and acquisitions. Further information on Haskell & White can be found on the firm’s website, www.hwcpa.com. Connect with Haskell & White at www.facebook.com/haskellandwhite and www.twitter.com/haskellandwhite.