Industry Resources & Useful Links
This compilation is intended to serve as a convenient reference, not a comprehensive listing. New sources of data are emerging every month and old sources of data are frequently abandoned.
If you have suggestions for other valuable sites, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Growth & Profit Diagnostic Tool
General and Business News
- CNN.com delivers breaking news and information on the latest top stories, business, politics, entertainment and more.
- MSNBC.com is the online news outlet for the NBC family of news programs and offers full news coverage of the day's events, updates on breaking stories and in-depth reports on timely topics. The site also hosts articles and features from several partners, including The Washington Post and Newsweek magazine.
- The Orange County Register provides archived stories dating back to 1987; searches are free, but full articles cost $2.00 each.
Interest Rate Data
- National averages for residential mortgage interest rates are provided by HSH Associates every Tuesday and Friday based on a survey of 2,500 lenders.
- Bloomberg offers a good snapshot of key interest rates.
Job Growth Data
Population, Demographic and Housing Data
- The U.S. Bureau of the Census provides detailed demographic data, including population, income and homeownership rates.
- In 1971, the Texas Legislature created a real estate research center to disseminate data to the public. Located on the campus of Texas A&M University, the Real Estate Centers offers ready access to U.S. population, employment and building permit data; their Website also offers Texas housing market data.
- The best source of demographic data covering California, including data for all fifty-eight counties, is the California Department of Finance website.
Real Estate News and Information
U.S. Economy Data
- The White House website features the latest data on the U.S. economy as reported by Federal agencies